RESULTS: September 10, 2018
Home to Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka, South Asia is one of the world’s most dynamic regions, with a population of 1.67 billion people and an average 7.1 percent growth rate.
Yet, South Asia remains one of the least integrated regions: Intra-regional trade accounts for only 5 percent of South Asia’s total trade; Intra-regional investment is smaller than 1 percent of overall investment.
A more integrated South Asia offers the potential to better connect people, increase trade, and boost prosperity for all.
What does One South Asia mean to you? What is your vision for One South Asia?
Does it mean:
- Easier visa requirement to travel the region?
- More direct flights between South Asian countries?
- A vast South Asian free trade area?
- A connected energy grid across South Asia?
- A yearly South Asian cultural festival
- More educational exchange programs?
- A common currency?
- A daily regional newspaper?
Or something else?
Snap a picture, caption your vision of One South Asia, and send it to us.
The 5 winners of the #OneSouthAsia Photo Contest will be featured on the World Bank One South Asia webpage as well as on World Bank social media channels.
They will also receive a certificate of appreciation and a signed copy of the upcoming World Bank report: A Glass Half Full – The Promise of Regional Trade in South Asia.
- The Contest is open to nationals of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka, or those residing in any of these countries
- Individuals are limited to one submission each
- Active staff of the World Bank group, including Consultants, Interns, Contractors, are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
- Each photo submission must answer the following question – What is your Vision of One South Asia? Caption should be sent as text in the email
- The photograph needs to be in hi-resolution and not more than 5 MB.
- The caption must be written in English and not more than 2 sentences or 30 words
- The caption should be accompanied by the hashtag #OneSouthAsia
- The participant’s name and country should be clearly mentioned in the submission.
- Entries should not include photos of people who did not explicitly give their permission to use their image.
- Submissions will be judged based on the following criteria: clarity, scope, and relevance to the topic, creativity and photographic quality of the photo
- All photos must be submitted through email: [email protected], with the subject line: #OneSouthAsia Photo Contest 2018
The last date for submission is
August 25, 2018Extended to September 1, 2018
- The entrant will have all ownership rights to the photo. The World Bank will have non-exclusive, royalty-free and worldwide rights to share the winners’ photos through its various channels for a 3-year duration
- Failure to comply with these rules may result in disqualification from the Contest
- The judging panel will comprise of 5 members from the World Bank’s South Asia team
- Family members of judges are not allowed to participate
- The top 5 winners will be notified through the One South Asia webpage and social media channels
- The 5 winners of the #OneSouthAsia Photo Contest will be featured on the World Bank One South Asia webpage as well as on World Bank social media channels
- The 5 winners will receive a certificate of appreciation and a signed copy of the upcoming World Bank report: A Glass Half Full – The Promise of Regional Trade in South Asia