Legal Gender Specialist
Paula Tavares is a legal gender specialist with over 10 years of experience working with international development issues, focusing on comparative legal analysis, gender equality and the legal and regulatory framework affecting women’s economic inclusion. Paula joined the World Bank Group’s Women, Business and the Law in 2010 and currently leads the Protecting Women from Violence indicator, examining gender based violence legislation and issues globally. Her work is aimed at improving the legal framework and closing gaps in laws affecting gender equality and protection of women from violence. Her prior legal experience includes working with government multilateral trade agreements, private sector initiatives and non-governmental organizations. Paula is a Brazilian lawyer and holds an LL.M. from Georgetown University Law Center and a specialization in International Relations from the University of Brasilia, Brazil.
- Em ano de Copa, como estamos no placar da igualdade de gênero?
- Acoso sexual: ¿ Dónde nos encontramos en la protección jurídica de las mujeres?
- Sexual harassment – Where do we stand on legal protection for women?
- التحرش الجنسي- أين نحن من الحماية القانونية للمرأة؟
- Harcèlement sexuel : où en sommes-nous en matière de protection juridique des femmes ?
- Casamento não é “coisa de menina”
- Raising awareness to root out violence against women and girls
- How Does Brazilian Law See Women?
- Como a lei brasileira vê a mulher?
- On International Women’s Day, 5 facts about gender and the law in the Pacific Islands
- Stronger laws can help protect women from domestic violence
- O que é preciso para criar uma economia próspera para todos?
- What does it take to have vibrant growth for all?
- Partager les expériences pour renforcer l'égalité hommes-femmes en Afrique subsaharienne
- Sharing Experiences and Insights to Enhance Gender Equality in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Measuring Gender Equality: Why It Matters