Senior Disaster Risk Management Specialist
Joaquín Toro is the regional coordinator for disaster risk management in Europe and Central Asia at the World Bank. He joined the Bank in 2003 in the Latin America and Caribbean region and helped setting up the LAC DRM Team. He has more than 15 years of disaster risk management experience and holds a master’s degree in engineering management from George Washington University.
- Is the region ready for the next big one?
- A 10-Hour Crash Course in Japanese Solidarity and Resilience
- Entender o risco é só o primeiro passo
- Entender el riesgo es solo el primer paso
- Gestión de riesgos de desastres: una estrategia de desarrollo sostenible
- Disaster risk management, a strategy for sustainable development
- There is nothing ‘Natural’ in Natural Disasters
- No hay nada de "natural" en los desastres naturales