Adviser, Office of the World Bank Group President’s Special Envoy on Post 2015 Development Issues
Jos Verbeek is adviser in the office of the World Bank Group President’s Special Envoy on Post 2015 development issues. Prior to this assignment he was acting manager and lead economist in the prospects group of the development economics vice presidency also at the World Bank. In that capacity he managed the Global Monitoring Report, a joint WBG and IMF flagship publication that monitored and reported on policies and institutions that could facilitate attainment of the Millennium Development Goals. Preceding to this assignment, he was a lead economist in the Africa region working primarily on Uganda, Zambia and Malawi. Earlier country assignments include Poland and the Baltic countries. Leading up to his country economics work, Jos was an economist in the development economics vice presidency working on macroeconomic modeling. Jos holds a PhD in economics from the Tinbergen Institute of the Erasmus University of Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Increasingly, inequality within, not across, countries is rising
- حان الوقت لقياس تمويل التنمية قياساً كاملاً شاملاً
- Es hora de calcular el financiamiento para el desarrollo de manera completa y universal
- How effective is growth for poverty reduction? Do all countries benefit equally from growth?
- Financement du développement: c’est le moment d’uniformiser les modes de comptabilisation
- It is time to measure development finance wholly and universally
- The role of changes in income distribution
- Poverty reduction, growth, and movements in income distribution
- Who are the bottom 40%?
- The challenge of metropolitan governance in the face of rapid urbanization
- Moins de 1 000 jours avant l’échéance des OMD : de nouveaux tableaux de bord pour la dernière ligne droite
- A menos de 1.000 días de los ODM: Tableros de datos interactivos para seguir el último tramo
- لوحات بيانية لرصد فترة 1000 يوم قبل حلول الموعد النهائي للوفاء بالأهداف الإنمائية للألفية
- <1000 days to the MDGs: Data Dashboards to Monitor the last Stretch
- Make MDGs about the HOW, not just the WHAT
- Lifting people out of poverty through ‘managed’ urbanization
- Mixed picture on MDG attainment
- CSO inputs needed for Global Monitoring Report 2013
- Is There a Role for a Next Generation of MDGs?
- Continuing the fight against poverty … beyond 2015
- Putting food first …
- Food Prices, Nutrition and the Millennium Development Goals