Lead Health & Nutrition Specialist, Africa
Meera Shekar is Lead Health & Nutrition Specialist in the Africa region at the World Bank. In this position she is leading the development of a new business line on the role of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) for transforming the health sector. Over the last several years she has led the Bank’s work in scaling-up its investments in nutrition, developing corporate strategy, and advising country teams on design and development of nutrition investments. She has been actively engaged in the G8 agenda-setting processes in Japan in 2008 and in Canada in 2010 and in the development of the Scaling up Nutrition (SUN) Framework for Action.
- Nutrition and Agriculture: Bridging the Gap
- Stunted Children, Stunted Economies: African Leaders Pledge Action on Nutrition
- In the Sahel, Accelerating the Demographic Dividend
- ICTs to transform health in Africa: Can we scale up governance and accountability?
- Early action means healthy children, mothers