Sri Mulyani Indrawati
Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Managing Director, joined the World Bank in June 2010. She is responsible for the Bank’s operations in Africa, East Asia & the Pacific, Europe & Central Asia, Latin America & the Caribbean, the Middle East & North Africa and South Asia. In addition, Sri Mulyani oversees other administrative vice-presidencies and functions, including the Integrity Vice Presidency, Sanctions Board Secretariat and the Office of Evaluation and Suspension.
Prior to joining the Bank Group, Sri Mulyani served as Indonesia’s Minister of Finance, at which time she guided economic policy for one of the largest countries in Southeast Asia, and one of the biggest states in the world, navigating successfully in the midst of the global economic crisis, implementing key reforms, and earning the respect of her peers across the world. Ms. Indrawati holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Illinois and a B.A. in Economics from the University of Indonesia. She has received numerous honors and awards, including Euromoney Magazine’s Global Finance Minister of the Year, and Emerging Markets Best Finance Minister in Asia. She has also been regularly on Forbes List of the 100 Most Powerful Women.
Ms. Indrawati is married with three children
- To End Extreme Poverty, Learn from a Small Village in India
- Why We Have to Save the Ocean
- What Do Iceland and Kenya Have in Common? Lots of Clean and Renewable Geothermal Energy
- Think Finance, Think Access, Think Equal!
- The Future of Development Aid
- مساواة المرأة أمام القانون - لم تتحقق بعد، ولا تتوفر في كل مكان لكن التغيير قائم
- درس من تجربة ملالا: تعليم الفتيات يؤتي ثماره
- التقزم: وجه الفقر
- درس في القضاء على الفقر من قرية صغيرة في الهند
- لماذا يتعين علينا الحفاظ على المحيطات