Stephen Davenport is currently the Global Lead for Open Government at the World Bank Group. He is an International Development professional with more than 18 years of management experience including innovation, new product development, fundraising, marketing and communications, client relationship management, strategic product planning, and delivery of e-Government services for development.
More recently, he leads efforts in support of the global transparency, accountability, results, citizen engagement, open government, open data, and open development agendas. Stephen has worked in partnership with the USAID, the World Bank, the International Aid Transparency Initiative, Open Aid Partnership, Open Contracting Partnership, and the Open Government Partnership to accomplish his goals for greater transparency in international development.
Stephen has also led breakthrough innovations including the creation of the OpenGov Hub (www.opengovhub.org) in Washington, DC, the co-creation of FeedBack Labs (www.feedbacklabs.org) and AidData (www.aiddata.org).
Stephen has a Master’s in International Business Administration from the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University and a Bachelors of Science from Washington and Lee University.
Follow Steve on twitter: @davenportsteve
Blogging on: Governance for Development, Voices
- Impact of open government: Mapping the research landscape
- Lining up to support the Open Government Partnership
- More voices mean smarter cities
- L’avenir est aux gouvernements ouverts
- The future of government is open
- الحكومة المفتوحة تفتح الآفاق للمستقبل
- Procurement data for better development outcomes
- Engaged Citizens, Responsive Governments, Better Services for People?