Cecile Fruman is Senior Manager for Financial Intermediary Funds and Single Donor Partnerships, DFTPR, in the DFI – Development Finance.
Previously, Cecile was Director in the World Bank Group’s Trade & Competitiveness (T&C) Global Practice, a joint practice of IFC and World Bank.
Cecile has dedicated her career to international development with a focus on private sector solutions. She was a manager in the World Bank Group Investment Climate Department for several years, leading new business in the areas of climate change, infrastructure, PPPs, health and education, e-Government solutions, and competition. She has deep experience in strategy development, knowledge management, results measurement, portfolio management and donor relations. Cecile served as Manager of the World Bank Change Team in 2013 where she led the design and establishment of the World Bank Group’s global practices and cross-cutting solution areas.
A French national, Cecile started her career in microfinance and SME development, spending four years in Mali managing a rural microfinance institution and several years working on a World Bank global research program (Sustainable Banking with the Poor). She has also worked on higher education, community driven development, and poverty reduction programs.
Cecile holds an MBA from ESCP Europe, one of France’s top business schools, and furthered her studies at the Osaka University in Japan.
- Tourisme : un levier puissant pour favoriser l’autonomie économique et sociale des femmes
- El turismo, una vía para empoderar a las mujeres
- Empowering Women Through Tourism
- تمكين المرأة من خلال السياحة
- How to make grants a better match for private sector development
- Incentivizing equality: Investment-led development as a win-win for all
- Economic diversification: A priority for action, now more than ever
- Why gender equality in doing business makes good economic sense
- Exploring links between trade, standards, and the sustainable development goals
- Nepal: How a 21st century trade policy framework could boost exports, jobs and economic growth
- Keeping pace with digital disruption: Regulating the sharing economy
- The false debate: choosing between promoting FDI and domestic investment
- Why dialogue between government and the private sector is essential to fight climate change
- Celebrating women entrepreneurs on International Women's Day
- Why does efficiency-seeking FDI matter?
- 'If I knew that avocados had value, I would plant more of them'
- What’s the color of entrepreneurship?
- The reforms behind the Doing Business rankings
- Women traders in Africa’s Great Lakes
- Mission to Myanmar: Promoting the full development potential of an economy in transition
- How to make zones work better in Africa?
- 'Business unusual' can still work
- En visite en Afrique de l’Ouest, j'ai constaté l'importance de maintenir notre appui aux commerçantes africaines
- Renovado compromiso con las mujeres comerciantes tras una visita a África occidental
- With a Visit to West Africa, Renewed Commitment to Women Traders