Syndicate content

Add new comment

Submitted by yayaver on

I was working recently in Ganjam district, Odisha, India (Phalin affected area). Government is investing in sanitation with the scheme - Individual Household Latrines (IHHL)to all Below Poverty Line (BPL) Households and Above Poverty Line Households (APL) restricted to SCs/STs, Small and Marginal farmers, Landless Labourers with homestead, Differently Abled and Women Headed households. In scheme, 90% of funds were given by state and remaining 10% must be contributed by beneficiary to show ownership. Yet the problem of open excretion is remaining in the public. Somewhere, only money spending is not enough. There is a need to raise awareness inside the community to change the behaviour of the people.