· My colleague Leora Klapper and manager Asli Demirguc-Kunt have just released new global data on financial access around the World called the Global Findex, funded by the Gates Foundation.
Lots of links this week:
· David Roodman summarizes the new microfinance impact evaluation research at the CGAP blog.
Berk is on a plane, so you get your links a day early this week:
· David Roodman summarizes the new microfinance randomized experiment in Bosnia – a new example of randomization among marginal MFI clients.
· The IDB Development that Works blog covers a randomized trial of the one laptop per child program in Peru – no impact on learning, but some increase in cognitive skills.
· Global poverty numbers for 2005-2008 are out. Many of you may not have known this, but the four of us who maintain this blog work in the same research group at the World Bank that is responsible for producing these numbers.