· Tim Ogden writes on the mysteries emerging from new work on ways to increase savings - on the FAI blog.
· Discussion on Andrew Gelman’s blog about whether one can learn anything general from analysis on convenience samples.
· Call for proposals for the new Strategic Impact Evaluation Fund (SIEF) at the World Bank – for work on education, health and water supply. It can finance evaluations of non-World Bank programs undertaken by NGOs and Governments, but must have a World Bank sponsor as TTL.
· There are 11.7 million Mexicans in the U.S., but only 28,000 absentee ballots were cast in the last presidential election. Will it be any different this time around? Data profile and discussion on Migration Information Source.
· Jonathan Morduch discusses the new Findex survey data on financial access and where it does and does not match up with Portfolios of the Poor evidence on the CGAP blog.