Our Top Ten Blog Posts by Readership in 2011
Originally published on January 10, 2011
Last year South Korea ranked first in global e-government ranking among all the countries in the world according to the United Nations E-Government Survey 2010, with the US in second place. The UN E-Government Survey provides a bi-annual assessment of national online services, telecommunication infrastructure and human capital of 192 Member States.
- Is South Korea’s government really making the best use of ICT for governance?
- Does it even make sense to measure the “level” of e-government development in a country and is it possible to do so?
- Are rankings preferred to “best practice cases”?
- Do the rankings include aspects of MDG priorities such as e-inclusion (gender equality)?
- Do they measure usage of technologies such as mobile technology and social media?