Lilia Burunciuc is the Regional Director for Central Asia at the World Bank. Since joining the World Bank in 1996, she held a range of increasingly challenging positions: Manager in Operations Policy and Country Services; Country Manager for Macedonia; Country Program Coordinator for Southern Africa and Central Asia; Senior Country Officer for Ukraine and Belarus.
Prior to joining the Bank, Ms. Burunciuc was a Deputy Governor of the National Bank of Moldova (central bank). In that capacity she worked on the establishment of a regulatory framework for the foreign exchange market, reform of banking supervision and bank restructuring.
She has a master of public administration degree from George Washington University (USA) and a degree (master level) in Economics, Management and Planning form the Technical University of Moldova.
- Investing today in human capital for a brighter future tomorrow
- Инвестиции в человеческий капитал ради лучшего будущего
- Инвестиции в здоровье детей — самые лучшие инвестиции в будущее Центральной Азии
- For Central Asia, investing in children’s health is the best investment for the future
- After the storm: Time to rebuild faster and stronger
- После бури: Время быстро перестроиться и стать сильнее