Amit is a renewable energy specialist with the World Bank. Apart from holding a degree in engineering, he is also a Fulbright Scholar at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) in Colorado and holds a Ph.D. in solar engineering. His previous assignments include the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Clinton Foundation in Asia and Africa. He has worked on large-scale solar park loans, small-scale energy access projects like equity investments in mini grid companies and in interdisciplinary fields like waste to energy and climate change projects in Southeast Asia. Amit has authored two books on climate change policy and waste to energy, and has international peer reviewed journal publications. His hobbies include scuba diving, hiking, badminton and outdoor sports.
- Gandhigiri can make solar work for India
- How many people does it take to change a light bulb?
- Solar energy to bring jobs and prosperity back to parched villages
- Will the Sun God answer poor farmers' prayers or make things worse?
- En Inde, l’énergie solaire peut révolutionner la santé des nouveau-nés et le travail des petits agriculteurs
- Solar energy brings smiles to healthy babies and happy farmers
- La energía solar ayuda a que nazcan bebés sanos y haya agricultores felices en India
- الطاقة الشمسية ترسم الابتسامة على وجوه الأطفال الأصحاء والمزارعين السعداء