Director of Strategy and Operations, Social, Urban, Rural, and Resilience (SURR) Global Practice
Anna is a key member of the World Bank’s SURR GP senior management team that sets strategy for analytics and financing in areas such as disaster risk reduction, urban renovation, and geospatial technology. She also oversees partnerships with bilateral, UN, and regional organizations. Anna has over 20 years of experience in urban development. She’s led efforts to design and finance investments, facilitate policy reforms and build capacity to help developing countries reduce poverty and boost equity. Anna has been responsible for technical oversight of new projects financed by the Bank, the portfolio quality of ongoing projects, and setting sector and country strategies. Anna oversees $25 billion in lending to developing countries in over 200 projects, 325 studies and technical assistance projects. She’s developed strong partnerships with governments in countries ranging from large middle income to small island states as well as development agencies and academia.
- How can Bamako tackle urban and institutional fragmentation to become an engine of growth?
- Managing urban forced displacement to build resilient communities
- When disasters displace people, land records and geospatial data are key to protect property rights and build resilience
- Three things to know about women’s land rights today
- Why strengthening land rights strengthens development
- Por qué fortalecer los derechos sobre la tierra apuntala el desarrollo
- Renforcer les droits fonciers pour encourager le développement
- لماذا تدعم حقوق حيازة الأراضي التنمية
- Are cities ready for their increasingly aging populations?
- Building safer and more resilient homes in post-earthquake Nepal
- Revertir la brecha digital geoespacial: un paso, o un salto, a la vez
- Luttons contre la fracture numérique de la géolocalisation
- عكس اتجاه الفجوة الرقمية في الجغرافيا المكانية – خطوة واحدة أو قفزة في كل مرة
- Reversing the geospatial digital divide – one step, or leap, at a time
- Securing land rights for all is key to building disaster-resilient communities
- Poland's regions: from lagging to catching up
- Land at the heart of Myanmar’s transition: Part 2
- Land at the heart of Myanmar’s transition: Part 1
- Satu Peta: mempercepat administrasi pertanahan terpadu untuk Indonesia
- One Map: accelerating unified land administration for Indonesia