Caroline’s background is in diplomacy and strategic communications. She has worked on projects in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan and spent many years working with the British Government, serving as Head of Press in Basra, Ministerial Speech Writer and Research and Head of Communications and Outreach for Pakistan. She co-founded Cambridge Advanced Strategic Training and after years of practice as a trainer, qualified to teach in 2011.
As an artist and film-maker, Caroline has held many exhibitions in Europe and Asia and is currently studying a Masters in Fine Arts in Cambridge, where she is exploring, amongst other research interests, media perceptions - see her website for more.
Caroline has had articles printed in national and international publications, she writes a regular column for Pakistani news agency Dawn, and her book, A Better Basra, about her time in Iraq was published in August 2011. She also runs Askance Publishing – an organization aimed at developing writers who may be missed by the mainstream.
- 05/09/13 Building the “Iraqi Media” – A Book Review
- 03/11/13 A Better Baghdad?
- 02/05/13 The Conflict Resolution Elephant in the Room
- 03/20/12 Smoke Without Fire: A Look at Influence, Trust and Media-Built Perceptions
- 11/03/11 A Better Basra – Five Years On
- 10/12/11 Is an Email the Best Way to Get Attention?
- 08/24/11 Watching the News on a Deck-Chair
- 07/05/11 Extreme Strategists
- 06/14/11 The Unfinished Global Revolution: Book Review
- 06/07/11 Simulated Realities, Manipulated Perceptions
- 11/30/10 Arts and Minds
- 07/06/10 Putting Your Heart Into It
- 04/27/10 Shining a Spotlight on Public Private Partnership
- 01/12/10 Media Without Borders
- 12/23/09 Peace on Earth
- 11/17/09 Reflecting on Mumbai
- 09/21/09 Web Snobbery 2.0
- 07/17/09 How to Make Friends
- 04/13/09 Dramatic Examples of Cooperation
- 02/05/09 Johan Galtung and the “P” Word
- 12/15/08 Communicating Change or a Shift?
- 10/15/08 Blog Action Day 2008 on Poverty
- 09/17/08 How do we Make People Value Peace?
- 08/07/08 Afghanistan: Harnessing the Power of Healthy Government-Media Engagement
- 06/26/08 60 Years of Peacekeeping