Program Manager for the Global Partnership on Wildlife Conservation and Crime Prevention for Sustainable Development (GWP)
Dr. Claudia Sobrevila joined the World Bank in 1992. Currently, she is the Program Manager for the Global Partnership on Wildlife Conservation and Crime Prevention for Sustainable Development also known as the Global Wildlife Program (GWP). She is also the task team leader for GEF and IDA projects in Namibia, South Africa, Botswana and Mozambique and for a regional Africa project to address elephant poaching and illegal ivory trade. She has held positions in the Anchor and in LAC, where she led projects and programs on the role of biodiversity and ecosystem management in sustainable development, particularly, on the establishment and management of protected areas and private reserves, the interface of conservation and agricultural development, land tenure and sustainable rural development, indigenous and community development, financing mechanism and trust funds for the environment and small grants mechanisms. Her publications include analytical work on Biodiversity, Climate Change and Sustainable Development –Harnessing Synergies and Celebrating Successes, Land Titling Models in LAC for Indigenous People, Reducing Threats to Protected Areas, Convenient Solutions to Inconvenient Truth - Ecosystem-Based Approaches to Climate Change and the Role of Indigenous Peoples in Conservation. Dr. Sobrevila holds a PhD. In Tropical Ecology from Harvard University and in her spare time, studies the Lakota and Tibetan Buddhism traditions
Blogging on: Voices
- Les éléphants lancent un appel à l’aide : y répondrez-vous ?
- Elephants are calling for help: Will you answer?
- Des corridors de coexistence pour réduire les conflits homme-animal
- Corredores de coexistencia para reducir los conflictos entre los seres humanos y los animales silvestres
- Corridors to coexistence: reducing human-wildlife conflict
- ممرات إلى التعايش المشترك: تقليل الصراع بين الإنسان والحيوان
- Reducing demand must be a core component of combatting wildlife crime
- The future of wildlife is in our hands
- L’avenir de la vie sauvage est entre nos mains
Blogging on: Voices