David is a freelance international development and PPP consultant currently working as a Senior Advisor to the International PPP Resilience Center (IPPPRC) in New Orleans and the PPP Healthcare Center of Excellence in Frankfurt, which are affiliated organizations of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE). He has also been recently appointed as a senior advisor to the new PPP Hub located in Afghanistan.
David has provided capacity-building programs and infrastructure consulting services to over 40 international clients and business partners located in Africa, North and Central America, Latin America, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia. Many client projects were sponsored by development/donor agencies including USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, the Dutch Foreign Ministry, and the World Bank Group.
In 2017 he participated in a series of PPP capacity-building seminars in Riyadh with the Privatization and PPP Unit of the Ministry of Planning and the Economy. He was also a guest speaker at the first Islamic Development Bank PPP Forum in Riyadh.
He has also led alliance-building initiatives with institutions around the world that have included the UNECE PPP Center of Excellence in Geneva, the Asian Development Bank, the African Development Bank, the PPP Center of Excellence in Istanbul Turkey, the Monterrey Institute in Mexico, and the World Bank.
Over the years he has served as a PPP advisor to the US Army Corps of Engineers, USAID, the World Bank, the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and other government and institutional organizations including the Ministry of Finance in Sri Lanka and the PPP Community in Albania. In 2019 he is also serving as an advisor to the World Association of PPP practitioners (WAPPP) as a thought leader and an institutional capacity building expert.
- Tendencias que guiarán las alianzas público-privadas en 2019
- Trends that will drive global PPPs in 2019
- الشراكات بين القطاعين العام والخاص في منطقة الشرق الأوسط وشمال أفريقيا: جادة وقطعت شوطا طويلا
- 2018 Dubai MENA PPP Forum: Key takeaways
- Regenerative PPPs (R+PPP): Designing PPPs that keep delivering
- 2018: Are we ready to commit to building resilient infrastructure?
- David Baxter - 10 Candid Career Questions with Infrastructure & PPP professionals
- Future-Proofing Resilient PPPs
- Takeaways from the First IsDB PPP Forum In Riyadh
- 10 important questions to ask the public sector when pursuing a PPP procurement
- Devolution of PPP enabling environment institutions: The leadership cascade effect
- Do PPPs have a future?