David is a Lead Economist in the Chief Economist's Office for the Africa Region of the World Bank. He coordinates impact evaluation work across sectors for the Africa Region. In the past, he worked as Senior Economist in the Human Development Department in the Latin America and the Caribbean Region of the World Bank, and as an economist designing and implementing impact evaluations in Africa. He has designed and implemented impact evaluations in agriculture, education, health, and social protection, in Brazil, the Gambia, Kenya, Mexico, Sierra Leone, and Tanzania. He has taught economic development at the Pardee RAND Graduate School of Public Policy, and he holds a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University.
- The Danger of Stories
- Regression Discontinuity Porn
- Finally, what works (so far) to improve learning in developing countries!
- Giving the Poor What They Need, Not Just What We Have
- Quelle est la meilleure façon de sauver un million de vies ?
- What is the best way to save one million lives?
- When people don’t behave according to economic models
- Yes, very good point on
- Very cool findings, Annette!
- This intensive principal
- The Picker Patient Experience
- Thanks, Charlie! I did a
- Thanks, Alonso. Rockoff et al
- Thanks for your inquiry. The
- Thanks for this thoughtful
- Thank you! These resources
- Thank you very much for
- Thank you for your thought. I
- Thank you for sharing! It's
- Sjoerd, thank you for
- Not that I came across in my
- Kálmán, thanks so much for
- I'm afraid I don't have those
- I haven't seen any research
- I appreciate your point,
- I agree. The lack of costs is