Note: Gao Xu no longer works at the World Bank.
Gao Xu worked in the World Bank Beijing Office as an economist between May 2008 and June 2010 , focusing on macroeconomic developments of the Chinese economy. He is the principal writer of the Bank’s China Monthly Update report. Before joining the Bank in summer 2008, Gao worked in the IMF Beijing Representative Office, first as an research assistant and then as a part-time economist from 2006-2008, conducting research on China. Gao holds a Ph.D. in economics from China Center for Economic Research (CCER), Peking University, China. In addition to uncovering the logic behind economic data, Gao also enjoys reading books, fitness, and playing with his little boy, Niuniu.
- Yes, the geographical
- SOEs in the real estate sector
- Re: regional vs. national GDP data
- Re: local level data
- Re: Empirical evidence is needed
- Re: Declining SOE profitability?
- Privatization in China
- Misconceptions of the data definition
- Micro vs. macro data
- Manipulated data?
- Looking forward to your further feedbacks
- Local data might not be the crux of the matter
- Good observation
- Dear Fatih, I’m sorry for the