Lead Economist, Poverty Reduction & Equity Group, World Bank
Ghazala Mansuri is a lead economist in the Poverty Reduction and Equity Group of the World Bank. Her research spans four broad areas: rural land, labor and credit markets, the economics of household behavior, and the political economy of participatory development and institutional and governance reforms for development. Her research on the political economy of local development includes a number of evaluations of participatory development programs. Dr. Mansuri has published extensively in leading journals in economics and development. She holds a Ph.D. in economics from Boston University.
- Poor sanitation is stunting children in Pakistan
- Improving public service delivery through local collective action
- Who is poor in Pakistan today? Raising the basic standard of well-being in a changing society
- Localizing Development: Our Journey
- How can the Knowledge Bank make development more effective?