Global Macroeconomics Team
The Economic Monitoring Team is responsible for the Prospects Daily and the Prospects Weekly. The Prospects Daily is compiled each weekday morning to provide an update of the latest developments in world markets, focusing on growth, trade and prices, interest rate policy, as well as commodity markets, and ascertaining the implications for developing countries.
The Prospects Weekly aims to provide a review and brief analysis of developments in global markets over the previous weekly period, highlighting emerging trends in high-income and developing countries. Typically the Prospects Weekly will be posted each Friday.
Both publications include contributions from the following individuals:
- John Baffes
- Derek Chen
- Damir Cosic
- Raju Huidrom
- Gerard Kambou
- Tehmina Khan
- EJ Kim
- Mizuho Kida
- Franziska Ohnsorge
- Marc Stocker
- Ekaterine Vashakmadze
- Prospects Daily: United States warned of potential credit downgrade by Moody's
- Prospects Blog: The euro area crisis: are the spreading market tensions justified?
- Prospects Daily: Irish debt termed 'junk' by Moody's... Bernanke offers more stimulus if needed
- Prospects Daily: European debt markets shift attention to Spain and Italy.... U.S. trade deficit swells on oil imports
- Prospects Daily: French Industrial production bounces back strongly
- Prospects Daily: Portugal's credit rating cut four notches... German factories still ticking on
- Prospects Daily: U.S. manufacturing orders bounces back...Moody warns China
- Prospects Daily: European bonds rally on news that German banks agree on Greek debt rollover
- Prospects Daily: Japan’s industrial production rises by fastest pace in 60 years...
- Prospects Daily: U.S. housing prices continue downward slide
- Prospects Blog: Growth prospects for Sub Saharan Africa remains strong
- Prospects Daily: European banks appear to be ready for Greek rollover plan
- Bouyant in South Asia but inflation and fiscal debt are growing concerns
- Prospects Daily: European Union pledges Greek aid
- Prospects Weekly: Retail sales volumes increased 0.6% in April for the 25 mostly high-income countries
- Prospects Daily: Sovereign credit risk for Europe rises to a record high
- Prospects Daily: U.S. treasuries gain before Fed statement
- Prospects Weekly: Global industrial production declined 1.1% in April in the wake of the tsunami and earthquake in Japan
- Prospects Daily: Investor confidence in Germany falls to two-and-a-half year low
- Prospects Daily: Industrial production slows down in Eurozone and U.S.
- Prospects Daily: Financial markets taking a hit on expectations of slower global growth
- Prospects Daily: U.S. unemployment claims up; Euro Area credit risk increases.. Trichet hints at rate hike
- Prospects Daily: World Bank sees Global recovery facing headwinds
- Maintaining progress amid turmoil
- US consumer spending rose a weaker than expected 0.4% in April