Global Macroeconomics Team
The Economic Monitoring Team is responsible for the Prospects Daily and the Prospects Weekly. The Prospects Daily is compiled each weekday morning to provide an update of the latest developments in world markets, focusing on growth, trade and prices, interest rate policy, as well as commodity markets, and ascertaining the implications for developing countries.
The Prospects Weekly aims to provide a review and brief analysis of developments in global markets over the previous weekly period, highlighting emerging trends in high-income and developing countries. Typically the Prospects Weekly will be posted each Friday.
Both publications include contributions from the following individuals:
- John Baffes
- Derek Chen
- Damir Cosic
- Raju Huidrom
- Gerard Kambou
- Tehmina Khan
- EJ Kim
- Mizuho Kida
- Franziska Ohnsorge
- Marc Stocker
- Ekaterine Vashakmadze
- Prospects daily: IMF expected to participate in Greek debt strategy
- Prospects daily: U.S. Treasuries dip on improved U.S. economic indicators
- Prospects daily: U.S. home sales fall for a third consecutive month
- Prospects Weekly: Protectionism muted, FDI plummets in 2009, global oil demand now rising
- Prospects daily: Corporate borrowing costs at narrowest rates since late-2007
- Prospects daily: U.S. producer prices ease in February
- Prospects daily: U.S. housing sector continues to face cold headwinds.
- Prospects daily: U.S. output up in February despite decline in autos.
- Prospects Daily: U.S. retail sales climb despite inclement Northeast weather.
- Prospects Weekly: Record high auto sales, G-20 face sharp fiscal adjustment, emerging market bond spreads down but yields up
- Prospects daily: U.S. trade deficit narrows on lower oil imports
- Prospects daily: German exports unexpectedly slump over January
- Prospects daily: German industrial output picks up
- Prospects daily: U.S. unemployment remains stable at 9.7% for February
- Prospects daily: Greece issues new 10-year bond at premium price
- Prospects Daily: Greece unveils new austerity plan in effort to trim fiscal deficit
- Prospects Daily: Sovereign default risk on European countries decreases
- Prospects Daily: U.S. Q4-2009 Real GDP growth revised up slightly
- Prospects Daily: U.S. initial claims rise in latest week, and durable goods orders disappoint
- Prospects Daily: Sovereign credit risk increases as Fitch downgrades Greek banks
- Prospects Daily: U.S. consumer confidence plummets in February.
- Prospects Daily: Greece's debt situation grows more difficult
- Prospects Daily: U.S. Federal Reserve raises emergency loans rate for 'Discount Window'
- Prospects Daily: China cuts holdings of U.S. Treasuries by record amount
- Prospects Daily: U.S. industrial production to the upside of forecasts