Global Macroeconomics Team
The Economic Monitoring Team is responsible for the Prospects Daily and the Prospects Weekly. The Prospects Daily is compiled each weekday morning to provide an update of the latest developments in world markets, focusing on growth, trade and prices, interest rate policy, as well as commodity markets, and ascertaining the implications for developing countries.
The Prospects Weekly aims to provide a review and brief analysis of developments in global markets over the previous weekly period, highlighting emerging trends in high-income and developing countries. Typically the Prospects Weekly will be posted each Friday.
Both publications include contributions from the following individuals:
- John Baffes
- Derek Chen
- Raju Huidrom
- Gerard Kambou
- Tehmina Khan
- EJ Kim
- Franziska Ohnsorge
- Marc Stocker
- Ekaterine Vashakmadze
- Prospects Daily: Sovereign default risk on European countries decreases
- Prospects Daily: U.S. Q4-2009 Real GDP growth revised up slightly
- Prospects Daily: U.S. initial claims rise in latest week, and durable goods orders disappoint
- Prospects Daily: Sovereign credit risk increases as Fitch downgrades Greek banks
- Prospects Daily: U.S. consumer confidence plummets in February.
- Prospects Daily: Greece's debt situation grows more difficult
- Prospects Daily: U.S. Federal Reserve raises emergency loans rate for 'Discount Window'
- Prospects Daily: China cuts holdings of U.S. Treasuries by record amount
- Prospects Daily: U.S. industrial production to the upside of forecasts
- Prospects Daily: Fallout from Greek debt situation continues to trouble financial markets
- Prospects Daily: U.S. factory orders increase, while those in Germany decline in December
- Prospects Daily: U.S. non-manufacturing sector activity expands after three months
- Prospects Daily: Global equities bounce back from 3-month lows
- Prospects Daily: U.S. Manufacturing activity expands in January
- Prospects Daily: U.S. GDP jumps 5.7% in the fourth quarter on stocks and the consumer
- Prospects Daily: U.S. durable goods post gains in December, while Euro Area confidence increases
- Prospects Daily: Japanese exports move towards positive year-over-year growth
- Prospects Daily: IMF revises world GDP growth forecast for 2010 to 4%, up 0.75% from October 2009
- Prospects Daily: Sales of existing homes in the U.S. plunge in December.
- Prospects Daily: U.S. financial regulators to toughen rules without Congressional Support.