Global Macroeconomics Team
The Economic Monitoring Team is responsible for the Prospects Daily and the Prospects Weekly. The Prospects Daily is compiled each weekday morning to provide an update of the latest developments in world markets, focusing on growth, trade and prices, interest rate policy, as well as commodity markets, and ascertaining the implications for developing countries.
The Prospects Weekly aims to provide a review and brief analysis of developments in global markets over the previous weekly period, highlighting emerging trends in high-income and developing countries. Typically the Prospects Weekly will be posted each Friday.
Both publications include contributions from the following individuals:
- John Baffes
- Derek Chen
- Raju Huidrom
- Gerard Kambou
- Tehmina Khan
- EJ Kim
- Franziska Ohnsorge
- Marc Stocker
- Ekaterine Vashakmadze
- Global Daily: U.S. jobless claims edge up
- Global Daily: Eurozone consumer confidence weakens in April
- Global Daily: Japan’s Leading Economic Index revised down in February
- Global Weekly: Links between oil and non-oil commodity prices
- Global Daily: China cuts bank’s reserve ratio by 1%
- Global Daily: U.S. consumer sentiment rises more than expected in April
- Global Daily: U.S. jobless claims rise more than expected
- Global Daily: U.S. industrial production drops in March
- Global Daily: Eurozone industrial production grows more than expected in February
- Global Daily: U.S. dollar rise against euro on Fed hike speculations
- Global Weekly: How Resilient Is Sub-Saharan Africa? (1)
- Global Daily: India’s industrial production posts strongest growth in nine months
- Global Daily: U.S. jobless claims rise less than expected last week
- Global Daily: Eurozone retail sales fall in February
- Global Daily: ECB meets bond-buying target for quantitative easing
- Global Daily: U.S. service sector growth falls in March
- Global Weekly: Impact of Lower Oil Prices on Activity and Inflation1
- Global Daily: Dollar and Treasury yields slid after weak U.S. jobs report
- Global Daily: U.S. jobless claims fall sharply last week
- Global Daily: U.S. private-sector job growth at slower pace in March.
- Global Daily: Greek government and creditors fail to strike deal
- Global Weekly: Cartels in Commodity Markets
- Global Daily: U.S. initial jobless claims slid to five-week low
- Global Daily: U.S. consumer prices rise more than expected.
- Global Daily: Japanese government upgrades view of economy for first time in 8 months.