Global Macroeconomics Team
The Economic Monitoring Team is responsible for the Prospects Daily and the Prospects Weekly. The Prospects Daily is compiled each weekday morning to provide an update of the latest developments in world markets, focusing on growth, trade and prices, interest rate policy, as well as commodity markets, and ascertaining the implications for developing countries.
The Prospects Weekly aims to provide a review and brief analysis of developments in global markets over the previous weekly period, highlighting emerging trends in high-income and developing countries. Typically the Prospects Weekly will be posted each Friday.
Both publications include contributions from the following individuals:
- John Baffes
- Derek Chen
- Raju Huidrom
- Gerard Kambou
- Tehmina Khan
- EJ Kim
- Franziska Ohnsorge
- Marc Stocker
- Ekaterine Vashakmadze
- Global Daily: Eurozone retail sales fall in February
- Global Daily: ECB meets bond-buying target for quantitative easing
- Global Daily: U.S. service sector growth falls in March
- Global Weekly: Impact of Lower Oil Prices on Activity and Inflation1
- Global Daily: Dollar and Treasury yields slid after weak U.S. jobs report
- Global Daily: U.S. jobless claims fall sharply last week
- Global Daily: U.S. private-sector job growth at slower pace in March.
- Global Daily: Greek government and creditors fail to strike deal
- Global Weekly: Cartels in Commodity Markets
- Global Daily: U.S. initial jobless claims slid to five-week low
- Global Daily: U.S. consumer prices rise more than expected.
- Global Daily: Japanese government upgrades view of economy for first time in 8 months.
- Global Daily: S&P downgrades Nigeria’ credit rating
- Global Daily: Latest FOMC statement lays groundwork for rate hike
- Global Daily: Sweden’s central bank cuts rates further and expands QE program
- Global Daily: ECB purchases €9.75 billion of public-sector debt last week.
- Global Daily: Eurozone industrial production unexpectedly contracts
- Global Daily: Euro slides to 12-year low on record low borrowing costs
- Global Daily: World stock markets and oil slide on stronger dollar
- Global Daily: Euro Area bond yields slid on ECB’s QE launch
- Global Daily: U.S. private sector job growth disappoints
- Global Daily: Ukraine hikes policy rate to 30%
- Global Daily: Emerging-market stocks gear for strongest level since November, U.S. consumer prices show first annual drop in over 5 years, Ukraine central bank abruptly reverses currency trading ban
- Global Daily: World stock markets remain strong, French consumer confidence at near three-year high, Ukraine tightens capital controls
- Global Daily: Lebanon issues largest global bonds in its history, U.S. consumer confidence tumbles, Turkey central bank cuts key rates