Director, Development Economics Data Group, World Bank Group
Ms. Haishan Fu is the Director of the Development Data Group, in the Development Economics Vice Presidency, at The World Bank. Previously, she had held positions as Director, Statistics Division of United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP); Chief of Statistics at the Human Development Report Office of United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Senior Research Associate at the Guttmacher Institute in New York and Population Affairs Officer at the United Nations Population Division. Ms. Fu had also worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the Population Studies Center, University of Pennsylvania and Visiting Research Collaborator at the Office of Population Research, Princeton University. She is a former member of the Executive Committee of IAOS, the Advisory Committee on Ethics of ISI and the Statistical Advisory Panel of the Human Development Report (HDR) of UNDP. Ms. Fu has published a number of research papers in leading academic journals, and contributed as core team member, team leader or executive editor to major international and regional reports. A native of China, Ms. Fu holds a doctoral degree in Demography from Princeton University and a bachelor degree in Economics from Peking University.
Blogging on: Open Data
- Soutenir la production de données pour aider le développement : un nouveau fonds attend vos propositions
- Apoyo a los datos para el desarrollo: solicitudes disponibles para un nuevo fondo para innovaciones
- Supporting data for development: applications open for a new innovation fund
- دعم البيانات من أجل التنمية: الدعوة مفتوحة للتقدم بطلبات للحصول على تمويل من صندوق جديد للابتكار
- Announcing funding for 10 Development Data Innovation projects
- 7 million prices and counting: what’s next for PPPs and the ICP?
- 5 reasons why big data innovation is critical to address climate resilience
- Open about what we do and open about what we’ve done
- Data needs to be local, equitable and collaborative
- “A World That Counts” - The Data Revolution Report is Out
- Have your say: what do you want from a development data revolution?
- LICs, LMICs, UMICs, and HICs: classifying economies for analytical purposes
- ICP 2011: 7 Million Prices, 199 Economies, 8 Regions, and 15 Partners
Blogging on: Open Data