Ignacio Mas has been Senior Advisor in the Financial Services for the Poor program at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and at the Technology Program at CGAP. Previously he was Director of Global Business Strategy at Vodafone Group, Executive Vicepresident of Marketing and Account Management at DoCoMo interTouch, and Senior Manager responsible for telecoms investments in Europe for Intel Capital.
Ignacio has undergraduate degrees in maths and economics from MIT and a PhD in economics from Harvard University. He has been Adjunct Professor at the Booth School of Business at the University of Chicago. He is currently an Associate at Bankable Frontier.
To find out more about Ignacio, please visit his website.
- 03/12/13 Bring in the tech nerds to help expand financial inclusion
- 09/06/12 What banking regulators might be usefully discussing at Capetown
- 05/08/12 Why doesn’t every Kenyan business have a mobile money account?
- 04/12/12 Open up the Space: Leveraging Mobile Tech for Financial Inclusion
- 03/26/12 A Perfect Storm for Social Enterprises?
- 01/13/12 The Rich Role of Mobile Phones in Financial Inclusion
- 12/28/11 Triggering Disruptive Innovation in Retail Banking in the Digital Age
- 02/28/11 Microcredit, microsavings…but what about micropayments?
- 02/10/11 The Value of Connected Savings
- 01/07/11 Building a Robust Case for Microsavings
- 09/01/10 The Inexorable March of Branchless Banking
- 08/20/10 Low Cost Banking: How Retail Stores and Mobile Phones Can Transform Access to Finance
- 04/30/08 Banking everywhere, and not a single village left out