James I Davison
(Note: James left the World Bank in February 2010)
James' primary responsibilities on this blog lied in coordinating and producing content for it. He also helped manage the East Asia and Pacific region's Web sites for the World Bank.
James grew up in Iowa, in America’s heartland, and earned a journalism degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He started his professional career as a newspaper reporter, but quickly moved into the rapidly changing world of online journalism, working as Web editor for the Charleston Gazette in West Virginia. In 2008 he left the hills of the Mountain State for a new life Washington. He loves to travel when he can, enjoys playing tennis and rocks the mic at any karaoke night he can get to.
- How windy is your neighborhood? Interactive map shows you
- Documentary shorts highlight impact of climate change on people in East Asia & Pacific
- Some optimism during gloomy mood of Davos 2009
- Slower growth forecasted in East Asia – but things could be worse
- Bloggers offer Asian perspectives on World AIDS Day
- China experts to answer questions in live online chat
- Chat live with World Bank VP for poverty reduction and economic management
- Developing world draws focus as G-20 leaders prepare for summit
- A call for international climate change policy
- Through kids’ eyes, a view of road safety