I work on financial sector development issues in the East Asia & Pacific region for the World Bank. I have been working on a variety of policy issues, from state-owned banking reform to capital market development across many of the countries in the region, including Brunei, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
I joined the World Bank in 2002, first joining for a brief period as a consultant with the Financial Sector Development Department in the Europe and Central Asia Region. I then moved to the World Bank office in Hanoi, Vietnam in 2003 and returned to Washington, DC to take on a more regional portfolio in 2005. My prior professional experience was with the U.S. Treasury Department on economic and financial sanctions compliance, inspections, and enforcement, and with the U.S. State Department working on foreign policy towards Egypt and North Africa. I have a graduate degree from the Kennedy School of Harvard University and an undergraduate degree from James Madison University. To summarize my personal background – I am a native Washingtonian, I live in Arlington, Virginia, I am married with two young daughters, and enjoy any kind of boating.
- 10/07/09 Are China’s banks having a "good crisis"?
- 09/29/09 Regional Finance Roundup: Is East Asia leading the world out of the crisis?
- 07/13/09 Would a regional fund help get Asia through the financial crisis?
- 07/10/09 Regional roundup: Finance in East Asia - Jul. 10
- 06/19/09 Moving toward an innovation-based economy in China
- 06/15/09 What are the implications of the crisis for the financial systems in East Asia?
- 05/01/09 Regional Finance Roundup: Updates on Indonesia, China, and the Philippines
- 04/16/09 Regional Finance Roundup – A look at Thailand after the ASEAN summit cancellation; updates on China, Singapore and Mongolia
- 04/03/09 Regional roundup: Finance in East Asia – April 3
- 03/16/09 Defying gravity? Chinese banks respond to stimulus, increase lending
- 02/11/09 Regional roundup: Finance in East Asia – Feb. 11
- 01/23/09 Regional roundup: Finance in East Asia – Jan. 23
- 01/16/09 Regional roundup: Finance in East Asia – Jan. 16
- 01/09/09 Regional roundup: Finance in East Asia
- 12/18/08 East Asian governments take action in time of financial crisis
- 12/16/08 Weathering the financial storm in East Asia
- 11/21/08 How relevant was the G20 Summit for emerging Asia?
- 11/04/08 Market chaos could affect development in emerging Asia
- 10/10/08 Is a coordinated approach to the financial crisis needed in Asia?
- 09/24/08 What lessons will Asia take away from the current financial crisis?
- 08/21/08 Will Asian investors rescue the U.S. mortgage giants?
- 08/05/08 Is there a wave of bad debt on the horizon in Asia?
- 06/30/08 Will the current financial turmoil change the financial architecture in Asia?
- 03/20/08 Have capital controls helped or hindered Asian financial markets?
- 02/26/08 Should there be common standards for Sovereign Wealth Funds in Asia?