Jim Yong Kim
Jim Yong Kim (@JimYongKim), M.D., Ph.D., is the former President of the World Bank Group, leaving office on January 31, 2019. Soon after he became president in July 2012, the organization established two goals: ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity for the bottom 40 percent of the population in developing countries. In September 2016, the World Bank Group Board unanimously reappointed Kim to a second five-year term as president, beginning July 2017.
Kim's career has been focused on health, education, and delivering services to the poor. Before joining the World Bank, he served as President of Dartmouth College and held professorships at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health. From 2003-2005, as Director of the World Health Organization's HIV/AIDS Department, he led the "3 by 5" initiative, the first-ever global goal for AIDS treatment, which helped to expand AIDS treatment in developing countries.
In 1987, Kim co-founded Partners In Health, a non-profit medical organization now working in poor communities on four continents. Trained as a physician and an anthropologist, he has received several awards, including a MacArthur "Genius" Fellowship, and recognitions such as one of America's "25 Best Leaders" by U.S. News & World Report, and in 2006 TIME magazine named him as one of its "100 Most Influential People in the World."
- Shared Prosperity: What it Means in Russia
- La hausse du prix des ailes de poulet passe mal en ces temps de Super Bowl mais elle est surtout riche d’enseignement
- Humility and the Power of Working Together
- Jim Yong Kim : un regard plein d'espoir sur l'avenir d'Haïti
- Dispatch From Sweden: Development Talks, Gender Equality, and the Nobels
- Tirer au plus vite les leçons des échecs
- Aprender rápido de los fracasos
- التعلم سريعا من الفشل
- La Journée mondiale du sida 2012
- Jim Yong Kim y el Día Mundial del Sida 2012
- World AIDS Day 2012: Looking to the Future, Learning From the Past
- Jim Yong Kim: Una esperanzadora mirada al futuro de Haití
- Cinco consejos para iniciar un movimiento social
- 5 Tips on Starting a Social Movement
- 5 conseils pour lancer un mouvement social
- 5 نصائح لبدء حركة اجتماعية
- Comme provoquer le changement ? Comment mettre fin à la pauvreté ?
- What Sparks Change? How Can We End Poverty?
- ¿Qué genera el cambio? ¿Cómo podemos terminar con la pobreza?
- ما الذي يطلق شرارة التغيير؟ كيف يمكننا القضاء على الفقر؟
- Interesantes ideas en la ONU: Energía, salud, educación y #quéharías
- Énergie, santé, éducation et #QuellesSolutions : des initiatives prometteuses à l’ONU