Jim Yong Kim
Jim Yong Kim (@JimYongKim), M.D., Ph.D., is the former President of the World Bank Group, leaving office on January 31, 2019. Soon after he became president in July 2012, the organization established two goals: ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity for the bottom 40 percent of the population in developing countries. In September 2016, the World Bank Group Board unanimously reappointed Kim to a second five-year term as president, beginning July 2017.
Kim's career has been focused on health, education, and delivering services to the poor. Before joining the World Bank, he served as President of Dartmouth College and held professorships at Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health. From 2003-2005, as Director of the World Health Organization's HIV/AIDS Department, he led the "3 by 5" initiative, the first-ever global goal for AIDS treatment, which helped to expand AIDS treatment in developing countries.
In 1987, Kim co-founded Partners In Health, a non-profit medical organization now working in poor communities on four continents. Trained as a physician and an anthropologist, he has received several awards, including a MacArthur "Genius" Fellowship, and recognitions such as one of America's "25 Best Leaders" by U.S. News & World Report, and in 2006 TIME magazine named him as one of its "100 Most Influential People in the World."
- Compelling Ideas at the UN: Energy, Health, Education and #whatwillittake
- La question qui fait le tour du monde : quelles solutions pour mettre fin à la pauvreté ?
- Una pregunta que se globaliza: ¿Qué se necesita para acabar con la pobreza?
- A Question Going Global: What Will It Take to End Poverty?
- คำถามสำหรับคนทั้งโลก: จะทำอย่างไรเพื่อจะกำจัดความยากจนให้หมดไป
- Một câu hỏi cho toàn thế giới: Phải làm gì để chấm dứt đói nghèo?
- Pertanyaan yang Mendunia: Apa yang Diperlukan untuk Mengakhiri Kemiskinan?
- Une journée idéale pour un accro du développement : mon étape sud-africaine
- Un gran día en Sudáfrica para un fanático del desarrollo
- A Great Day in South Africa for a Development Junkie
- Comment un État fragile peut-il recouvrer sa force ? Impressions de Côte d'Ivoire
- Jim Yong Kim: Lecciones en Côte d’Ivoire
- How Does a Fragile State Lose Its Fragility? Lessons From Cote d’Ivoire
- كيف يمكن لدولة هشة أن تتخلص من هشاشتها؟ دروس من كوت ديفوار