Jordan Z. Schwartz
Jordan Schwartz has worked in the field of infrastructure development since 1991. He is currently the World Bank’s Director for Infrastructure, PPPs and Guarantees (IPG Group). With offices in Washington DC, Singapore, and Dakar, the IPG Group brings together six units that structure infrastructure projects with guarantees and other credit enhancements; finance the preparation of commercially viable investments; fund and provide advisory support and capacity building on investment planning, regulation and PPP design; and develop tools to help governments prioritize investments, assess fiscal liabilities, and structure public-private partnerships.
In his prior role, Jordan was Director of the Infrastructure & Urban Development Hub in Singapore, a center of World Bank operational and analytical activity in East Asia covering the sectors of transport, ICT, water, energy, urban development, trade, and infrastructure finance. Previously, Jordan served as the World Bank’s Manager for Infrastructure Policy, and, before that, as Lead Economist in the Sustainable Development Department of the Latin America and Caribbean Region.
Before joining the World Bank, Jordan worked as a management consultant in the power, water and transport sectors. He was Sr. Manager for Infrastructure & Utilities at Deloitte Emerging Markets and, in the early-1990s, an Associate in Booz Aleen’s Transport Strategy Group.
Jordan is an author and frequent speaker on a wide range of topics in development economics and finance. He has written extensively on the relationship of risk to infrastructure investment, and is co-author of the book, “Uncovering the Drivers of Utility Performance: The Role of the Private Sector, Regulation and Governance.”
- Farewell 2017; Hello to More and Better Infrastructure in 2018
- Singapore Hub gives cities a chance to "learn from the best"
- The World Bank's shared history with Singapore
- Institutional Investment in Infrastructure: A view from the bridge of a development agency
- A ciência da prestação de serviços de infraestrutura
- Services d’infrastructure : la science de la prestation
- The Science of Infrastructure Service Delivery
- Agua, luz, teléfono... ¿Quién da mejor servicio? ¿El Estado o las empresas privadas?
- PPPs: Infrastructure Is in Demand, So Where Is the Investment?
- Celulares: nueva arma contra la pobreza
- All the things we don’t know about development
- Infrastructure: Do all Roads Lead to Green Investments?
- Infraestructura: No todos los caminos conducen a inversiones "verdes"
- Más allá del crecimiento: ¿es bueno para el bienestar de la población invertir en infraestructura?
- Beyond Growth: Is investing in infrastructure good for people’s well-being?
- Infraestructura: fuerte impulso a empleo, crecimiento y medio ambiente
- Investing in infrastructure is still the best bet to spur growth, jobs
- Les prix alimentaires, ou l’ingestion du coût de la logistique
- Cómo una vieja grúa pone por las nubes precio de alimentos
- Food Prices: Eating the Cost of Logistics
- América Latina: más iniciativas público-privadas para mejorar infraestructuras
- Latin America: more public-private partnerships needed to improve infrastructure