Jose Luis Irigoyen
Director, Transport, Water, Information & Communications Technology
Mr. Irigoyen is the Director for the Transport, Water, Information and Communications Technologies, and Infrastructure Finance Department in the Sustainable Development Network (SDN) of the World Bank. He is the Chair of the World Bank’s Transport and Water Sector Boards, which operate with corporate responsibilities for sector strategy, human resources and knowledge management, and oversee the transport and water portfolios (which combined comprise 418 projects in 133 developing countries with about $65 billion in commitments). He oversees the implementation of the World Bank Group “ICT for Greater Development Impact” sector strategy and a portfolio worth $1.2 billion in lending and technical assistance covering investments in connectivity, ICT-based services and development of ICT industry. Under his leadership, the Department provides policy and strategic advice to support the Bank’s infrastructure agenda, and financial solutions such as guarantees and other market instruments to mobilize private sector financing for infrastructure projects. He also is the Head of the Bank’s Global Expert Team on Public Private Partnerships. Prior to his current position, Mr. Irigoyen was the Senior Manager for the Sustainable Development Department of the Africa Region between November 2008 and December 2010, supporting the Director in managing the agriculture, energy, environment, social, transport, urban, water and sanitation and water resource management programs. Mr. Irigoyen, an Argentine national, joined the Bank in 1990 in the Latin America and Caribbean Region, where he held positions of increasing responsibilities including that of Transport Sector Manager between 2001 and 2008.
- To feed the future, let’s make logistics and transport sustainable
- Five Opportunities for 21st-Century Transport
- Repenser les transports pour des villes plus sûres et plus équitables
- Transformando el transporte para ciudades más prósperas e inclusivas
- Transforming Transportation for More Inclusive, Prosperous Cities
- Lorsque les accidents de la route mettent en péril des vies humaines et la croissance, il devient urgent d'agir
- عندما تهدد حوادث الطرق الحياة والنمو، لا يمكن تأجيل العمل اللازم
- When Road Crashes Threaten Lives and Growth, Action Cannot Wait
- Les toilettes aussi ont leurs applis !
- Retretes: Hay una aplicación móvil para eso
- Toilets: There’s an App for That
- ¿Qué tienen en común los retretes y los teléfonos celulares?
- Quel est le point commun entre un téléphone portable et des toilettes ?
- What Do Toilets and Cell Phones Have in Common?
- Road Safety - Now is the Time to Learn from the Past
- Democratising development drop by drop