Director for Environment and Natural Resources
Julia Bucknall is Director for Environment and Natural Resources at the World Bank. She has worked in every region of the world on operations and knowledge relating to environment, water resources management, climate change and energy. She was the lead author of a flagship publication on water in the Middle East “Making the Most of Scarcity” and a core team member for the 2010 World Development Report on Climate Change. She has studied at Cambridge University and MIT, where she earned a Master in Environmental Policy and Planning.
- Innovation in water, part 1: drip irrigation
- Disasters: what is the cost ?
- Carbon sequestration by trying to re-create indigenous forests
- Update from Nairobi: No doubt here that it’s real
- United Arab Emirates to become world center for renewable energy
- As John Felstiner asks, Can Poetry Save the Earth?
- The World Water Forum in Istanbul: Bridging the divides?