Kai Kaiser has been Senior Economist with the World Bank in Manila since early 2012, where his engagement has focused primarily on issues of public finance and public sector governance reform. Prior to moving to the Philippines, he was Senior Economist at the (global) Public Sector and Governance Group, Poverty Reduction and Economic Management (PREM), in Washington, DC, with a focus on issues of public finance, inter-governmental relations, natural resource led development, and applied political economy/institutional reform issues. In the early 2000s, he was also based in Jakarta, Indonesia with the World Bank, working at the time mainly on the government’s fiscal decentralization and service delivery reforms.
- Drones for better roads: Pointers from the Philippines
- No movie, no map, no money: Local road financing innovations in the Philippines
- Get a bird’s eye view: drones and satellites for improved sectoral governance
- La technologie suffit-elle à garantir la transparence budgétaire et l'ouverture? Les leçons tirées en Asie de l'Est et en Afrique du Nord
- Is Technology Sufficient for Fiscal Transparency & Openness? Lessons from East Asia and North Africa