Kathleen Beegle is a Lead Economist in the World Bank Africa Chief Economist office. Her research interest includes the measurement of poverty dynamics, socio-economic dimensions of economic shocks, and methodological studies on household survey data collection. She is currently co-leading the Africa Flagship report on Poverty. She was Deputy Director of the World Development Report 2013 on Jobs. As member of the World Bank Living Standards Measurement Study (LSMS) team, she has expertise in the design and implementation of household survey operations and use of household surveys for poverty and policy analysis. She received her Ph.D. in Economics from Michigan State University.
- Using Knowledge to Fight Poverty in Africa
- La recherche au service de la lutte contre la pauvreté en Afrique
- Poverty, Shared Prosperity, and Trade-Offs
- Putting poverty on the map
- More to do on measuring hunger
- What AIDS Leaves Behind: A Heavy Burden on African Women
- Moving away from home... and away from poverty?