Senior Program Officer, Development Economics Prospects Group, World Bank
Kirsten Schuettler is a Senior Program Officer at the World Bank's Development Economics - Global Indicators Group. In the Migration & Remittances team her responsibilities include monitoring remittances flows to the MENA region and contributing to the implementation of the Global Knowledge Partnership on Migration and Development (KNOMAD). Prior to joining the World Bank she worked for the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) as a component manager in the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Promotion Program in Tunisia and as an advisor on migration and private sector development at GIZ headquarters. She has published on different aspects of the link between migration and economic development. She holds Masters Degrees in Political Science and Economics.
- Pourquoi la taxation des envois de fonds des migrants est une mauvaise idée
- Por qué imponer un gravamen a las remesas es una mala idea
- Why taxing remittances is a bad idea
- A second regularization campaign for irregular immigrants in Morocco: When emigration countries become immigration countries
- Call for Papers: Impacts of Refugees and IDPs on Host Countries and Host Communities
- What do we know about remittances and forced displacement?
- Trends in Remittances, 2016: A New Normal of Slow Growth
- How do we measure impacts of refugees and IDPs on host countries and host communities?
- Will nationalization policies in Saudi Arabia impact migrants and remittance flows?
- Will falling oil prices lead to a decline in outward remittances from GCC countries?
- The power of words: Would you want to be an expat or an immigrant?
- Temporary Protected Status for Migrants from Ebola-affected West-African countries
- Voices of Migrants: Request for Proposals for Literature Review
- Mobilizing diaspora savings for investments in Egypt