Senior Nutrition Specialist
Leslie Elder is a member of the SecureNutrition core team, and a Senior Nutrition Specialist and Nutrition Cluster Leader in the Health, Nutrition and Population Unit of the World Bank. Her technical expertise includes infant, young child, maternal, and adolescent nutrition, in addition to broader issues of safe motherhood and maternal and child health. She began her career as a pediatric, neonatal, and ob/gyn nurse. After graduate work at Johns Hopkins University, she worked at the Bank, John Snow, Inc, and the Academy for Educational Development. Immediately prior to joining the Bank in 2009 in her current role, Leslie was Senior Director, Newborn Health, and the Deputy Director of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation-funded Saving Newborn Lives program at Save the Children/US. She has lived and worked in India and Nepal with additional technical program experience in Bolivia, Guatemala, Malawi, Indonesia, Uganda, and Ethiopia, among other countries.
- Allaitement maternel : un objectif vital
- Lactancia materna: Un triunfo para toda la vida
- Breastfeeding: A Winning Goal for Life
- الرضاعة الطبيعية: هدف الفوز من أجل الحياة
- Investing in the health and nutrition of a nation’s mothers and children – Is there a choice?
- Se necesita todo un pueblo: Respaldo de pares a lactancia materna ayuda a asegurar un comienzo saludable
- It Takes A Village: Peer Support for Breastfeeding Helps Ensure A Healthy Start
- Nutrition: Cornerstone of the Post-2015 Agenda
- Linking Child Malnutrition to Agriculture
- Food and nutrition: How do we balance the equation?
- Filling empty stomachs: when enough food is not enough
- Investing early in children: what will it take to spur integrated action?
- Sun rises on Scaling Up Nutrition: reflections on a movement well on its way