Linda Van Gelder
Linda Van Gelder is the World Bank’s Regional Director for Western Balkans, based in Vienna, Austria.
Ms. Van Gelder has held the position since July, 2017 and is responsible for leading the dialogue on economic reform with the six countries of the Western Balkans, developing the World Bank’s country strategies, managing the World Bank portfolio, coordinating with partners, and engaging in outreach on economic growth and poverty reduction in the Western Balkans.
Prior to this position, Ms. Van Gelder was the Director of Strategy and Operations for Equitable Growth, Finance and Institutions Practice Group, covering the Macroeconomic and Fiscal Management, Finance and Markets, Trade and Competitiveness, Poverty and Equity, and Governance Global Practices.
Ms. Van Gelder joined the World Bank in 1994. Her regional and country work has ranged across economic management, governance, and poverty reduction issues. She has also held several corporate positions, including leading the development of first World Bank Group strategy (2013) and as the Director for Operational Policy and Quality.
Ms. Van Gelder has a PhD in Economics from Cornell University.
- Jeta në margjina: përvoja e personave LGBTI në Evropën Juglindore
- Život na margini: Iskustva LGBTI osoba u jugoistočnoj Evropi
- Жизнь на обочине: опыт представителей ЛГБТИ в Юго-Восточной Европе
- Life on the Margins: experiences of LGBTI people in southeastern Europe
- Çelësi për çlirimin e potencialit ekonomik të Ballkanit Perëndimor? Gratë.
- Кто поможет раскрыть экономический потенциал Западных Балкан? Женщины.
- The key to unlocking the economic potential of the Western Balkans? Women.
- Achieving better results from public sector institutions