Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Services, Inequality, and the Dutch Disease
- PPPs and Global Poverty: July 9 Seminar at 12:30 PM, Join Online!
- Friday Roundup: WB to update income classifications July 1, Ravallion on the LIS, Oxfam releases poverty index, and solar innovation
- Inequality of opportunity and economic growth: A cross-country analysis
- Friday Roundup: World Cup Migrants, Conflict in Iraq, Dreams and Questions in India, Brain Regain, and Sizing the Middle Class
- Friday Roundup: Of drug resistant malaria, child labor in Brazil, microinsurance via mobile phones, and risky business
- What do we know about preferential trade agreements and temporary trade barriers?
- Friday round up: Syria, Piketty pushes back, Universal Health Coverage, GMOs to fight hunger, and Brazil
- Son preference, fertility and family structure: Evidence from reproductive behavior among Nigerian women
- Cash transfers and temptation goods: A review of global evidence
- Friday Roundup: Tackling Inequality, Ushahidi on crisis data, Technology and Africa, Gates on Sachs, and ABCDE sign up
- Urbanization as opportunity
- Friday roundup: Internal displacement, energy in India, Ukraine and the EU, funding green and blue revolutions for Africa
- The effect of aid on growth: Evidence from a quasi-experiment
- Friday Roundup: Data on Maternal Mortality, Best and Worst Places to be a Mother, Rewarding Careers, and Mom Magnet
- Doing Business methodology updates
- Friday Roundup: Sources of Humanitarian Aid, Stolen Girls, First Thousand Days, South Sudan, and New Kaushik Basu Paper
- Changing Mindsets, Empowering People
- Friday roundup: Malaria, Piketty and Ravallion, Oxfam Challenges IFIs on Inequality, and Global Flows in the Digital Age
- Growth, Inequality, and Social Welfare: Cross-Country Evidence
- New Book: Right to Work? Assessing India's Employment Guarantee Scheme in Bihar
- Financial Education during Schooling Years Improves Financial Behavior Later
- Friday Roundup: DeLong on Piketty, Gentzkow wins Bates Medal, Mobile Money, and Remittances in Africa
- Dynamic Effects of Microcredit in Bangladesh
- WB President has conversation with Sachs and Basu moderated by Lowrey of the NYT