Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Friday Roundup: Ebola and Africa's Private Sector, Demographics and Growth, and Twinning the Goals
- Friday Roundup: Tapering, Agricultural Productivity, Climate Change, and Inheritance Reform
- Friday Roundup: Ebola, Malaria and Cellphones, Jean Tirole, Report on the Data Revolution, and Deworming
- Friday Roundup: Agricultural Productivity & Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh, International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, A conversation with Yang Lan on Ending Extreme Poverty, Measuring Poverty, and Universal Health
- Poverty measurement and PPPs: The World Bank explains
- Events Next Week on Measuring and Monitoring Progress on the Bank’s Twin Goals
- Updating poverty estimates at frequent intervals in the absence of consumption data
- Understanding the agricultural input landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Friday Roundup: Of country size, big emerging climate emitters, and WB support to fight Ebola
- Friday Roundup: Poverty traps, Blanchard shows macrohumility, new demographic forecasts, inequality in Latin America, and counting Ebola's toll
- Friday Roundup: Ebola, R&D of Tropical Diseases, One-on-One with Kaushik Basu, the ADB Calls for a Rethink of the International Poverty Line, and the WEF's Global Risks Report
- Small Price Incentives in Land Titling Encourage the Inclusion of Women
- Friday Roundup: Economists and Public Policy, Information Diffusers, Ebola, Human Capital and the Wealth of Nations, and Globalization's Downside
- Friday round up: Digitizing money, an Asia-focused poverty line, the limits of globalization, and 11 very funny economics papers
- Friday Roundup: Ebola, World Economy in One Chart, Extremism, and Recognizing Humanitarians
- Aid, Growth and Causality
- Friday roundup: US-Africa Summit, Carbon Reduction and Demographics, Poverty, Robots, and Fair Trade
- Friday Roundup: Human Development Report, LinkedIn Economic Confidence Outlook, Inequality, and Jason Furman
- Welfare dynamics measurement: Two definitions of a vulnerability line and their empirical application
- Friday Roundup: Vint Cerf and Mark Zuckerberg, Global Housing Markets, MDG Update, Free Vaccines in India, and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Services, Inequality, and the Dutch Disease
- PPPs and Global Poverty: July 9 Seminar at 12:30 PM, Join Online!
- Friday Roundup: WB to update income classifications July 1, Ravallion on the LIS, Oxfam releases poverty index, and solar innovation
- Inequality of opportunity and economic growth: A cross-country analysis
- Friday Roundup: World Cup Migrants, Conflict in Iraq, Dreams and Questions in India, Brain Regain, and Sizing the Middle Class