Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Friday round up: Internet for development, mapping garment factories, a theory of change...
- Friday Round up: Chief Economists Roundtable, Migration and Development Brief, WDI 2015, the Global Findex, Land Governance and Climate-Smart Agriculture, and a call for proposals
- Friday round up: Kenya closes money transfer firms post-Garissa, the why of stunted Indian children, satellites and rural development, and the Social Progress Index
- Friday round up: The power of mobile money, WBG President speaking at CSIS, Basu Georgetown lecture, Spring Meetings
- Two essay competitions for students: One hosted by the International Economic Association, the other by Georgetown University
- Friday round up: The shifting trade landscape, world water report, states of fragility, new PPP database, and heads up on Global Findex
- Friday round up: On cartography, cables, and the internet, Confronting Climate Change, Conference on Land and Poverty
- Friday round up: Moneyball for academics, Filling up on oil in India and China, Ravallion video interview, Gates Fdn invests in private sector innovation
- Friday Round up: Financial Services for the Poor, India’s Budget, Worldwide Nutrition, HIV/AIDS and Behavior, Basu to deliver Amartya Sen lecture
- Friday Round up: Development economics on Freakonomics, a new lecture by Kaushik Basu, Research Digest, and the clout of migrants
- Friday Round up: Basu on big trends in development economics, Pritchett skewers aid, Krozer on inequality, legal identity as development goal
- Friday round up: Basu op ed, Grading the Gates' annual letter, the most powerful new tool in the history of social activism, study of solar lanterns, 6 new studies by JPAL and IPA on microcredit
- The big economic view, Brazil, the utility of economists, slow trade, and consumption floors
- Friday Roundup: Scientific Temperaments, Cheap Oil, and Top Female Economists
- Friday Roundup: Terrorism and Education in Pakistan, Leading Thinker Kaushik Basu, Cost of the Syrian War, Cuba and the Thaw
- Friday Roundup: Behavior and Development in the 2015 WDR, slow trade, and the case for Basic Income Guarantees
- Friday Roundup: Ebola and Africa's Private Sector, Demographics and Growth, and Twinning the Goals
- Friday Roundup: Tapering, Agricultural Productivity, Climate Change, and Inheritance Reform
- Friday Roundup: Ebola, Malaria and Cellphones, Jean Tirole, Report on the Data Revolution, and Deworming
- Friday Roundup: Agricultural Productivity & Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh, International Day for the Eradication of Poverty, A conversation with Yang Lan on Ending Extreme Poverty, Measuring Poverty, and Universal Health
- Poverty measurement and PPPs: The World Bank explains
- Events Next Week on Measuring and Monitoring Progress on the Bank’s Twin Goals
- Updating poverty estimates at frequent intervals in the absence of consumption data
- Understanding the agricultural input landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Friday Roundup: Of country size, big emerging climate emitters, and WB support to fight Ebola