Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Friday Roundup: DeLong on Piketty, Gentzkow wins Bates Medal, Mobile Money, and Remittances in Africa
- Dynamic Effects of Microcredit in Bangladesh
- WB President has conversation with Sachs and Basu moderated by Lowrey of the NYT
- Friday round up: Spring Meetings at the WB and IMF
- New Working Paper by Aart Kraay and David McKenzie: Do poverty traps exist?
- Friday Roundup: Malthusian worries, USAID global development lab, Hillary on ending poverty, Africa Impact Evaluation and a sharing prosperity event
- Friday Roundup: Tunisia cronyism, Africa land grabs, Banerjee to lecture, Piketty and Easterly books reviewed, Basu in top thinker contest and more
- Friday Roundup: Chronic poverty, remittances, debating inequality, water worries and agriculture, and gender in Africa
- Friday round up: Population worries in Africa, the internet in 2025, managing oil wealth, global food policy, and Bangladesh microcredit
- Inspiring change, one drop at a time!
- Friday round up: Women in Ukraine, new fund for women entrepreneurs, women and the law, WBG President and staff on women in development
- Friday Roundup: Redistribution and Growth, World Development Report 2015, Psychology and Economics, Democracy, and ABCDE 2014
- Friday Roundup: Shaky Ukraine, middle income Brazil, Eden and Kraay paper, and a worrying map"
- Wealth gradients in early childhood cognitive development in five Latin American countries
- Friday roundup: Participatory development, Fed up in India, Migrants, Young women in Africa, and ag breakthroughs
- Friday round-up: Agriculture for the future, seafood, ideas trumping interests, plus the locust effect
- Friday Round Up: Lunar New Year, The ills of capitalism, Grim EM news, Lin on ditching the dollar, and a Call for a third industrial revolution
- Friday round up: Q&A with Kaushik Basu, Challenges to Growth, Income Equality and Aid
- Friday round-up: Of tapering, output gaps, microfinance, cows and world warnings ahead of Davos
- Friday round up: Antipoverty policies, academia and the developing world, inequality redux and five questions for 2014
- Friday round-up: The world economy, inequality of income as well as energy, plus philanthrocapitalism predictions in 2014
- Year end round up: Possible development breakthroughs in 2014
- Friday round-up: Taper readiness, Collier on migration, African industrialization, Good development reading
- Friday roundup: Inequality, Stiglitz, Chetty, frugal innovation, polio, and nudges
- Friday Round-up: Nelson Mandela, the power of Universal Health Coverage, the AIDS epidemic in 4 charts, gauging corruption, and grim climate trends