Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Kaushik Basu, New World Bank Chief Economist
- Import protection update: Antidumping, safeguards, and temporary trade barriers through 2011
- Martin Ravallion v. Ricardo Fuentes on poverty, inequality and growth
- Making Water Safe in Kenya Through A Low-Cost Solution To A Big Problem
- Chart: Progress toward reducing undernourishment
- Friday Roundup: Recent Research on HIV/AIDS
- Video: Michael Lokshin on ADePT, Software Platform for Automated Economic Analysis
- Video: Research Manager Peter Lanjouw on Mapping Poverty
- Chart: Poverty rates fell sharply in the new millennium