Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Friday Roundup: Shaky Ukraine, middle income Brazil, Eden and Kraay paper, and a worrying map"
- Wealth gradients in early childhood cognitive development in five Latin American countries
- Friday roundup: Participatory development, Fed up in India, Migrants, Young women in Africa, and ag breakthroughs
- Friday round-up: Agriculture for the future, seafood, ideas trumping interests, plus the locust effect
- Friday Round Up: Lunar New Year, The ills of capitalism, Grim EM news, Lin on ditching the dollar, and a Call for a third industrial revolution
- Friday round up: Q&A with Kaushik Basu, Challenges to Growth, Income Equality and Aid
- Friday round-up: Of tapering, output gaps, microfinance, cows and world warnings ahead of Davos
- Friday round up: Antipoverty policies, academia and the developing world, inequality redux and five questions for 2014
- Friday round-up: The world economy, inequality of income as well as energy, plus philanthrocapitalism predictions in 2014
- Year end round up: Possible development breakthroughs in 2014
- Friday round-up: Taper readiness, Collier on migration, African industrialization, Good development reading
- Friday roundup: Inequality, Stiglitz, Chetty, frugal innovation, polio, and nudges
- Friday Round-up: Nelson Mandela, the power of Universal Health Coverage, the AIDS epidemic in 4 charts, gauging corruption, and grim climate trends
- Friday Round up: USAID on ending poverty, Helping after Haiyan, Reforms in China, debate on liquidity traps
- Video: The Story of Jan Sarkis
- Friday Roundup: Kaushik Basu on twin goals, natural disasters and the poor, FDI to South Asia, women in the Ethiopian workforce, and financial inclusion
- Friday roundup: Fuel subsidies, Stiglitz on US investment pacts, Afro optimism, China Plenum and OECD aid overhaul
- The organization of political parties and the politics of bureaucratic reform
- Friday Roundup: Development Impact Bonds, Good Governance, and Doing Business
- Friday Roundup: Inequality demystified, CCTs, GiveDirectly, post offices to expand financial inclusion, and malaria in Africa
- Friday Roundup: Globalization, schooling gaps, the five hour energy guy, inequality, Phailin's wake and China in world trade
- Stiglitz on Milanovic and inequality
- Friday Roundup: From Poverty to Prosperity, Risk & Opportunity, MDGs Beyond 2015 & World Bank-IMF 2013 Annual Meetings
- Friday round up: Fighting extremism, Peru and health care, latest climate report, the Palma inequality measure, and Laos in space
- Testing information constraints on India's largest antipoverty program