Merrell Tuck-Primdahl: Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
Vamsee Kanchi is a Communications Officer with the Operations and Strategy group in the Development Economics unit of the World Bank. Vamsee worked on online outreach and knowledge management in the Europe and Central Asia division of the World Bank prior to joining the Development Economics unit. Vamsee graduated from the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University and also holds a Bachelor's degree in Corporate Communications.
Swati Mishra: Swati Mishra works as an On-line Communications Associate for the Operations and Strategy unit in Development Economics Vice Presidency at the World Bank. She oversees the unit’s Social media and on-line outreach efforts. She also monitors the blogosphere for topics of interest. She holds a Masters degree in Communications and likes watching documentaries in her free time.
- Chart: Among youth, unemployment is not always the issue
- Friday Roundup: Economically shrinking G7, Africa's youth, Chinese labor, Sandy's costs, and Industrial Policy
- CNBC-TV18 India talks to Kaushik Basu on Growth
- Friday Roundup: Unemployment, Jobs, Sectors, and Rethinking Development
- Friday Roundup: Manufacturing, Inequality, and the MDGs
- Chart: In China, employment growth is led by the private sector
- Chart: Manufacturing jobs have migrated away from high-income countries
- Friday Roundup: Post-2015, Benchmarking Global Poverty, Small Farms and Other Links
- Friday Roundup: Education, Inequality and Other Links
- Kaushik Basu, New World Bank Chief Economist
- Import protection update: Antidumping, safeguards, and temporary trade barriers through 2011
- Martin Ravallion v. Ricardo Fuentes on poverty, inequality and growth
- Making Water Safe in Kenya Through A Low-Cost Solution To A Big Problem
- Chart: Progress toward reducing undernourishment
- Friday Roundup: Recent Research on HIV/AIDS
- Video: Michael Lokshin on ADePT, Software Platform for Automated Economic Analysis
- Video: Research Manager Peter Lanjouw on Mapping Poverty
- Chart: Poverty rates fell sharply in the new millennium