Maitreyi Bordia Das
Maitreyi started her career as a lecturer in St Stephen's College, University of Delhi, has been a MacArthur Fellow at the Harvard Center of Population and Development Studies, and worked as advisor to the United Nations Development Program. She has a Ph.D. in Sociology (Demography) from the University of Maryland. Her recent research includes lead authorship of "Poverty and Social Exclusion in India" and "Whispers to Voices: Gender and Social Transformation in Bangladesh" as well as several articles and working papers. Before joining the World Bank, Maitreyi was in the Indian Administrative Service. She is currently working on a flagship report for the World Bank on social inclusion.
- 05/10/12 Song as Evidence, Song as Voice
- 04/23/12 Blogging Social Inclusion: Why Now?
- 04/27/10 Yes, how many deaths will it take till we know…
- 03/10/10 Employment Programs By Any Other Name...
- 03/08/10 International Women's Day: Why Aren’t We More Concerned About Women’s Physical Safety?
- 08/03/09 Of Perceptions and Reality
- 04/02/08 Can social audits be change agents?