Makhtar Diop, a former Senegalese Economy and Finance Minister, is the World Bank’s Vice President for its Africa region. From 2009-2012, Makhtar was the Country Director for Brazil, managing the World Bank’s largest country program. Prior to this appointment, he served as Director for Strategy and Operations in the Latin American region; Director for Finance, Private Sector, and Infrastructure in the same region; and Country Director for Kenya, Eritrea, and Somalia. Before joining the World Bank, Makhtar also worked as an economist at the International Monetary Fund in Washington DC. Makhtar has had extensive experience in banking and finance in the Africa region.
- 05/16/13 Notre engagement en faveur des États fragiles
- 05/16/13 Fragile states, an opportunity to deliver lasting security and development
- 12/18/12 Plaidoyer pour un partage des nouvelles richesses minérales de l’Afrique entre tous les Africains
- 12/18/12 The Case for Sharing Africa’s New Minerals Wealth With All Africans
- 10/11/12 Let’s Turn the Lights on Across Africa