Economist for Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management
Marek Hanusch is a Senior Economist in the World Bank’s Global Practice for Macroeconomics and Fiscal Management, having joined the Bank as a Young Professional in 2011. Previously, he worked as a senior policy adviser at the Ministry of Finance and Planning, Lesotho. He holds a doctorate from the University of Oxford and has published in a number of economics and development journals, including the European Economic Review, Economics Letters, Public Choice, and Oxford Development Studies. His main professional and academic interests lie in fiscal and debt sustainability, structural policies for economic growth and poverty reduction, and political economy.
- The South African economy is growing faster—but how fast?
- Will automation kill South African jobs? No, say new studies
- Will South Africa turn the corner in 2017?
- What would have happened if South Africa had lost its investment grade credit rating?
- Testing times for South Africa
- Envois de fonds des migrants : une aide aux familles mais aussi un grand coup de pouce aux petites entreprises
- Las remesas ayudan a las familias de los migrantes y además se usan para financiar a las pequeñas empresas
- Remittances go beyond helping families to funding small businesses
- تحويلات المغتربين تتجاوز مساعدة الأسر إلى تأسيس منشآت أعمال صغيرة
- Should the World Bank issue credit ratings?
- Terra Ranca! Um novo começo para a Guiné-Bissau
- Terra Ranca! A fresh start for Guinea-Bissau