Senior Financial Economist
Martin Melecky is Senior Financial Economist for Financial and Private Sector Development in the World Bank Group. He is currently the Task Team Leader for operations and technical assistance projects in Montenegro and Moldova. He has been previously an Economist for Poverty Reduction and Economic Management and Financial Officer for Banking Products and Public Debt Management. Prior to joining the World Bank Group, Martin has worked as an Economist at the Dutch National Bank and as a consultant with the ECB and the Czech National Bank. In his work so far, he has focused on issues relating to financial stability, monetary and fiscal policy, and exchange rates. He received a PhD in Economics from the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, and has MSc in Finance. View selected recent papers by Martin.
- Financial Inclusion for Financial Stability: Improving Access to Deposits and Bank Resilience in Sync
- More and better financial tools, fewer financial crises: The role of the financial system in managing risk
- Help Us Help You: Sharing the Responsibility for Managing Risk
- Going through the hoops with the support of the financial system: The Story of Jan Sarkis
- The Institutional Structures of Financial Sector Supervision