Mehreen Arshad Sheikh
Mehreen Sheikh is a Communications Officer at the World Bank's External and Corporate Relations Unit. She has more than 8 years’ experience in media relations/partnership, social media outreach, blog writing, campaign development, event management—including events with Malala, Bono, Hillary Clinton, among others. Deep understanding in development subjects and thorough background in Economics. Identify and mitigate potential risks, regularly engage with media on high-level World Bank reports/products, finding interesting angles to promote the Bank’s work in ending poverty.
She has a Master's degree in Economics with focus in Development from John Hopkins University; additional courses completed from the Communications Graduate program —Public Relations Writing, Branding and Advertising.
Specialties: Communications, Economics, International Development, Media/ Public Relations, Digital Media Communications, Project Management, Event Management, Google/YouTube Marketing, Blog Writing, Social Media Tools, Develop/Execute High-level Corporate Campaigns.
- One Day on Earth: Women work to save lives in Iraq
- Mujeres que trabajan salvando vidas en Iraq
- Un día en la Tierra: Una pequeña empresa representa más seguridad para una mujer de Laos.
- One Day on Earth: A small business means more security for a woman in Laos
- A woman holds together a business and a family in Tanzania
- One Day on Earth --What Happened on 11/11/11?