Merrell is Senior Communications Officer in the World Bank’s Development Economics Vice Presidency, a job she has held since 2007. She has worked at the World Bank for close to 20 years, including in regional communications assignments as well as media relations. Prior to joining the Bank, Merrell worked in financial journalism as well as international public relations.
- Watch a webcast of a book launch of 'New Structural Economics' by Justin Yifu Lin
- Heckman and the case for soft skills
- Michael Spence and the Next Convergence
- Video interview with Joe Stiglitz on Financial and Real Crises in the World Economy
- Gender economics and 'Think Equal'
- Esther Duflo’s refreshing perspective on fighting poverty
- Structural Change, growth and jobs
- Bread, freedom and the WDR 2011 on Conflict, Security and Development
- Beyond tumult to transformation: Whither the MENA region
- Watch out for minimal food stocks! But don’t assume the worst has come…
- Developing Countries, Trade Openness and Growth
- Openness in the Service of Development, Results, and Poverty Reduction
- Global Monitoring Report 2010: What about Population Growth?
- Why Global Coordination is Falling Short and Why We Should Be Worried
- Breaking bread with Oxfam over the economic crisis